Friday, April 10, 2009

Roborovski Hamster - Zombie Ham (let's name it that way)


Cute like hell.
Agree?



Still bloody damn cute.
Agree?


Okay, some of you might already read about this in Kah Yee's blog, but I'm still gonna talk about it. :Þ

It's called Roborovski Hamster, a slightly different version of the normal hamster that we normally see. It's like 3 times smaller than the normal hamster, so bloody tiny that makes it so bloody cute!! Put it on your palm and it will just fill up a quarter of the space when it squeeze itself to sleep. Serious.

So I read about it in wikipedia.

They are particularly suited to the steppe, as they are highly efficient in their use of water (as evidenced by how they may pass particularly concentrated urine), so little vegetation is required.


What's this means? 'Little vegetation' is required????? Meaaaaaansssss........? They don't have to eat that much of veges? And they can go for meat? And convert into the omnivore habitat? But I thought they are vegetarians!

Okay, what makes me so confused? My sis just passed by and saw me reading about this hamster and asked: 'Why the sudden interest in this hamster?'

Well...... If you guys watch these video, you'll know exactly why.






So? Understand? Totally... right? Hey, one thing I'm not sure if you guys are with me..... The idea of the hamsters being vegetarians actually makes it so much more cuter right?? I mean.... Tiny + Cute + Soft fur + VEGETARIAN = 100% bloody damn cute like hell.

Agree not? But the thing is..... it seems like they're not vegetarians now! They eat their own mate! Their dead mate!! Which makes it more bloody sickening! Okay okay, lemme recap what's happening before I decided to tape down this sickening phenomenon.

I was with Kah Yee at Sunway and I asked her if she wants to join me to watch the hamsters again because it was just nearby where we were. She said okay, and off we go to see those cuties. And I was looking at these 3 hamsters and I was saying to Kah Yee: ' Eh, why are they like kissing each other wan?' Cuz what I saw was 3 hamsters got their mouth sticked together like.... they were kissing! Kissing aggressively. (eeergh???) And then I start to realized one of them was actually not moving, and duh...... that fella is dead. Kesian. What's more kesian is.... we saw the bloody shit two other hamsters were digging out some bloody looking meat/skin/flesh out from the dead hamster's mouth! SICK.

I told my bro and he said they were probably digging out the food that the dead hamster kept in its mouth. But... I don't know... it just doesn't seem like it.

So, think twice of keeping hamsters near you. You might never know what these hamsters will do if one day it happens to be it escapes from its cage, and it happens that you are sleeping, and it happens that it was near you, and it happens that you sleep with your mouth open. Go figure. Joey Chan, don't say I didn't warn you.

Bloody zombie ham. Eh, I used to have a hamster pet named Ham Ham wan le... but one day the fella escaped from the cage, now maybe die already. I used to miss her so freaking damn much wan k... (like how I miss Puffy now). Now, I'm not sure I should be missing her or not. Dang.

2 comments:

MeiYuin said...

x.o

Cyrene Powell said...

Hello there, I came about your post whilst looking for roborovski cannibals - You see I've bred them for the past 2 years, and have kept about 21. When males fight, I've had to keep 2 male hamsters separately (This I've done twice now, so there are four boys in total), and when one of the boys die, the other will eat half of it's face before dying also. All four were young, so they didn't have any diseases or anything. Just thought I'd let you know, since you're so curious to why they're eating eachother! But I think they get ill when they eat meat - they're not meant to, so I'm not sure why they would eat their dead friend (Or brother for this matter!), Regards, Ces :)