Sunday, April 11, 2010

F-Up Hospital

Just wanna share a bad experience I had last week at this semi-govern hospital: UMMC (University Malaysia Medical Centre).


Last Sunday I was suppose to work part-time somewhere at KL but was forced to take an unpaid leave because the bloody shop was not open, thus I wasn't able to do my job as promoter. I traveled to two different shops and they were all closed. Stupid ass. I meant the management, wasted my car petrol. But thank God it was all sorted out already as they promised to pay me as usual. Yay!

So! Anyways, so I headed back home after that. It was like 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I reached home and found out, how come my brother and sister were not at home? And things were a bit messy here and there at the kitchen and living room as I saw a bowl of food eaten halfway, gingers cut halfway, knife was unclean, a glass of boiled ginger on the table...... All I thought was: What the hell? Did I miss something?

Moments later, my sister and brother were back and my bro did not look good at all! He's just back from the clinic and he took the medicines but he still breath hard and the whole body was not right! After awhile, my brother's body cramped, his hands twisted and harden like rocks and I was bloody hell worried! (He joked about this later that evening that he felt like he's Emily Rose from the Exorcist.)

Me and my sister fleeeeew him to the hospital right away, UMMC is the only hospital we thought of.

First thing we did, went to the registration counter and asked to be register as a patient demand for doctor consultancy in polyclinic. The f-ing fella said to us: 'Polyclinic.... hari ini tutup la.' Full stop. FULL STOOOOP! Okay, then my sister said: ' Tapi adik saya sakit....' 'Tutup la Polyclinic, tak buka hari ni.' BLOODY HELL FULL STOP AGAIN! Why the heck is this fella working in a hospital? And the two ladies sitting beside him working for other counter as well, ignored us totally!

Thank God, beside the counter was the Emergency department. I did saw the paramedics rushed a guy whose looking so much in pain into the emergency room immediately they took him out of the ambulance. Like a scene from ER and Grey's Anatomy, no kidding. Then we saw a doc and she's looking less busy and my sister was like: 'Our case here... consider emergency la ho?!' I nodded, super agree, I'm worried that my bro's hand will twist and harden again and who knows what will happen if it turns out worse? We asked her and she kindly and patiently listened to us and explained the possible conditions. We were then calmed by the female doc and proceed to register again with that previous shit fella and was then able to seek for doctor's check up on my bro.

The thing is..... why don't he just register us in the first place whether it's polyclinic or not? Or even suggest us? Perhaps tell us what we can do? It's a person's life that we were dealing with and he took his job for granted. Really stupid guy.

0 comments: