Saturday, May 30, 2009

"A Must See 3D For Everyone"

That's the tagline for the movie 'Monsters VS Aliens' that is recently showing the 3D version in cinemas.



I have this perception that this kinda movie always favor the kids where there is always a happy ending, nobody dies, predictable. So basically, I'm not really interested to watch it.


Few days before, my brother has 4 free tickets for this movie in 3D version and my sister was interested in it, so that makes them lack of one person to fill up the empty seat. I'm thinking since it's free and I am missing the GSC popcorn so darn much, I'm in.


Okay, another perception on this movie. 3D version..... What I've always picture about this kinda movie is this......... (the pic below)



Okay, I know this is before wearing the paper red and green 3D glasses. It is normal for it to look 'ugly'. Even if we put those glasses on, it's making the whole movie to turn into red and green hue. It does looks 3D but, it does not brings comfort to the eyes at all. In fact, I have always felt dizzy if I'm watching it. I'm guessing some you felt that too before right?


So, this time, it's the popcorn that tempts me. Not the movie at all.... I think I will just enjoy my fattening snacks in the cinema rather than the movie.


Before we depart to Mid Valley, my sister got this 'emergency' that she has to give up the seat. My brother was a little upset and he kept complaining how hard it is to get the tix, and FYI, the tix for the 3D movie is RM17. With all the complains from my bro.... the whole journey kinda makes me wanted to give up my popcorn and just stay at home. But I still drag my ass to the cinema. Gotta keep my promise!


Before entering the cinema, the staff gave us this:
instead of this:


I was like: Eh, they upgraded the design of the glasses? Cool.





I tell you..... It was waaaaaaaay beyond cool.


The movie hasn't start and there's ads showing.


My bro was like: 'Hey! Wear your glasses already! You can look through it now.....'

Me: 'You sure? It doesn't look like I can put them on yet wor.....' (The clips were not the in the red and green hue yet.)

Bro: 'Can d.... Just wear it, trust me.'




So, I wear la. I remember it was a thriller of another animation movie coming soon, something like the people with black buttons sewed on their eyes. Ah whatever. Okay as I was saying, I put on the glasses and..... WOW. Mind blowing! Like.... Gosh, the words and the things, they were like appearing exactly in front of me! It's like I can just stretch my hand and touch the words! Literally 3d!


Okay, and then the movie starts. The fist scene was someone has his feet on the desk and his hand was holding this ping pong bat that has a ping pong ball attached to it. And he was hitting the ball so the ball is like bouncing towards us, the audience. My brother's gf was sitting next to me and I remembered vividly that she has reflexes because the ball was like moving towards us! Like it's going to hit us! (Actually I did 'avoid' the ball a lil bit. Haha.) And I have this feeling that everyone in the cinema did reacted to the scene, avoid it like we did or what...... And then, everyone in the cinema started to laugh and I heard some wow-ed voices. Eh real k, I did not exaggerate! Kid you not!


This movie... well, like I said, too predictable as it is for the kids. But the whole 3D experience was simply amazing and I was really fascinated by it. If I have to pay RM17 for it, it was completely worth it.






Bye bye. :)

0 comments: