Friday, August 22, 2008

My uncle- Er Jiu.

Tomorrow, early in the morning, me and my brothers are going back to Butterworth to visit my uncle.



My uncle, he's one.... hmm.. rather unique type of person. He likes to argue with my grandpa. Whenever they fought over some small matters, it's damn scary wan k.... They yelled like the whole neighborhood only has one house, their house. But i knew, deep down, he's a loving person that loves my grandparents. Oh by the way, he's my mom's brother.


This uncle.... we call him Er Jiu, which means second uncle in mandarin. One of the greatest time during Chinese New Year is going back to see our grandparents at Butterworth, and of cuz.... to gamble with Er Jiu. There's one special room for us youngsters to hang out in that room and gamble with him. He's like the gamble king in our family. "Picture!" "Ang kong!" "Eh, we don't play study study wan k...." were the phrases that he always yelled during the game. It's actually really entertaining when we're gambling with him.. that's how we usually have our CNY atmosphere at Butterworth.


When it's not CNY, he knew that we were coming to Butterworth for a visit, he will ride his old bike out to grab us some of the nicest food in Butterworth. Rojak, kari mee, hokkien mee, jawa mee, tao sa pia...... Sometimes he will show off his highly-skilled fried lala for us, eh.. seriously nice wan k.


Er Jiu likes to rear fishes too. There's once I remember he was so into those lo han fish, bunga raya fish.... he told us sooooooooo much about fish. I like to stare at his aquarium and see those fishes ate the cacings.






Haha. I think I better stop making my readers become bored of my uncle's story. Anyways.... he's 50 something this year. Yesterday he was admitted to the hospital. My mom called my bro this morning: " Hey, Er Jiu go already." "Haaar...?" "Your Er Jiu aaaah.... go liao. Go liao ah.. understand?!"


My mom don't even know the proper way to tell us that Er Jiu passed away this morning.


Ya, tomorrow is the last time we're going to see him again. Lungs Cancer is the one that brought him apart from his friends and family and entering another world. It's so sudden that I don't even know how to react when my bro told me. I'm not sad. Or maybe I am... I don't know. Argh, it just came so sudden. I couldn't imagine or see how my grandpa reacts during the funeral.


The last words that we talked to him was: "Er Jiu.... next year! Next year we shall see.....!" (regarding the gambling) So I guess.... no more next year.




If you're smoking, my friends.... Try quit smoking la k? Try. It's good not only to you, but to the people around you too. If you're sick because of smoking, we as your friend or family will be sad for you. If we're sick cuz we're the second-hand smoker, you'll feel sad and guilty at the same time. It's only these two way round. Unless you don't smoke. Otherwise, no benefit for any party at all.




Okay. Appreciate your life people! See you next post! :)

0 comments: